2012 in Review
2012 in Review
Here we are at the end of 2012 and it's been another awesome year for the work residents of Warehouse127.
In the last 365 days, we've built brands, created campaigns, and (possibly) saved the world. To see how, check out a few of the monthly events that shaped our Twenty Twelve.
- Launched an award-winning, cross-platform, print ad-plus-mobile app for GRAVITY by BC Clark. Months later, it went viral.
- Wrote a blog comparing Canon's 50mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.4 lenses. It's been our Top 5 most visited page of the year.
- Hauled in two District ADDYs: a Silver for the GRAVITY ad & app, and a Bronze for the Dunlap Codding website.
- Traction President Tyler Smith turned 10 in Traction years.
- Launched the new BC Clark website, our first foray into responsive design.
- Street ARTini'ed with Allied Arts and the event's Traction-designed materials and landing page.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder made the playoffs, and we made these Facebook cover photos to help OKC Thunder Up.
- Residents began moving into LEVEL Urban Apartments, a Traction-branded residential community that has changed the perception of living in Downtown OKC.
- Traction Designer Aaron Dickey welcomed daughter Madeline Rae into the world and the Traction family.
- Traction AE Randy Nichols got detained in Spain during an international video shoot for Air Tractor. Turns out U.S. and Spain Customs have different opinions when it comes to lugging around tons of camera gear.
- Fueled some in-state rivalry with our OU and OSU football wallpapers and cover photos.
- Made our college football gameday debut with David Gardner's Jewelers' Traction-designed stadium and scoredboard graphics in Texas A&M's Kyle Field.
- Kicked off BC Clark's 120th Anniversary Sale by filming new People Sing the Jingle commercials at Penn Square Mall the day after Thanksgiving. Watch video 1, 2 & 3.
- Enlightened the masses by helping run the show at IgniteOKC.
- Sent out a Christmas eCard that prevented the Mayan Apocalypse (okay maybe we didn't single handedly save the world, but, until the world actually ends on the same day we send out a Christmas eCard, you can't prove otherwise).
- Hit send on our 60th consecutive eNewsletter.
If you're still reading this, that means you've probably played a part in making 2012 a great one. For that, we thank you.
Cheers and Happy New Year!